For the longest, I thought Siyyadieh(Lebanese fish stew) was a hard dish to make. Boy, was I wrong! Not only was it pretty straight-forward, but it was a clear winner in our home.
What you need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium sliced onion
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups Sunwhite Calrose rice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon caraway
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons��salt
- 1 kg fish filled, de-skinned and bones removed
- 5 tablespoons almond slices, toasted
- In a deep pot, heat vegetable oil and saute onion until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add water and spices and bring to a boil. Add rice and simmer for 3-5 minutes until it boils.
- Place fish pieces over rice, cover and continue cooking over medium-low heat until water is fully absorbed and rice is tender. Spoon rice and fish onto a serving plate and garnish with reserved onions and almonds.