What you’ll need:
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 2 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts(optional)
- 175 grams (6 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 60 grams(2 oz) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
preheat the oven to warm 160 degrees. Lightly grease a 23cm(9 inch) round cake tin and line the base with baking paper. Sift the flours, spices and soda into a large bowl and make a well in the center.
Whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, eggs and golden syrup until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and gently fold in.
Fold in the grated carrots until incorporated and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
For the icing, mix the cream and butter until combined, then add the sifted icing sugar gradually. Add the vanilla essence and lemon juice and beat for around 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
Top the carrot cake with the icing and enjoy!